Leadership lacking in Cairo
June 11, 2009
The general consensus following Obama’s 6,000 word speech at Cairo University in Egypt on Thursday, June 4 was one of brilliance.
To the contrary, Obama’s address was vapid and more about impressing foreigners with himself at the expense of his own country. All but ignored by the cheer leading press is how Obama’s words gave hope to tyrannical regimes and brought darkness to forces of liberty.
- Obama ignored the History of violence and bloodshed in the Middle East.
- Obama pressured Israel and the Palestinains to live up to their peace obligations, as if both desire peace.
- In so doing Obama was dismissive of Israel.
- Obama pandered to the most oppressive regimes upon the fact of this earth.
- Obama called Iraq a “war of choice.”
- Obama told the world we are not going to torture any more (we never did).
- Obama called 9/11 a torture upon our county, rather than a terrorist attack.
- Obama erased the moral distinction between the Islamic world and the West.
- Obama seemed comfortable with Iran becoming a nuclear power.
- Obama wrongly called the U.S. “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
For one who says he loves his country, Obama exhibits little of it when he goes abroad. Although President Obama represents the greatest country on the face of the earth, American exceptionism fails to register in Obama’s mind.
JFKennedy would never have gone overseas and dumped on his own country. Neither would have Reagan, FDR, or Lincoln and any U.S. president.
It is way past time for Middle East leaders to come over here and apologize to this nation for the long list of horrors committed across the globe by radical Muslims and to thank the U.S. for what this nation has done to help Muslims nations fight their oppressors.